Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tuesday with Morrie on my birthday.

Well, I don't know why, but I'm not really keen on celebrating my birthday this year. It could be with issues around or maybe I don't want to expect anything that will lead to disappointment. =)

Well, I'm awake even before 12pm today.
I don't know why, but I have this urged to read this book.
Tuesday with Morrie.
The title just struck my mind the other day I'm at the library.
A book I went through the effort to find.

This book has philosophy which I love and has elderly people that makes me wanna cry.
Morrie, a sociology professor that reunited with his favourite student 16years later after his graduation. The reason for their reunion is because he is dying slowly.
It is a true story. An inspirational and enlightenment one.

The moment I woke up today, I curled on the bed reading it. After wash up, I was reading it while eating and I continued reading it in bed.
The more I read, the lesser I am keen to read on.
Reading about the process of someone healthy to bed ridden and to death isn't easy.
It has been long since I cried much while reading.
I hate death. I don't like the idea of people dying in books or movies.

If my death is upon me, I hope it gives me time to bid goodbye to my love ones.
Give me time to do things that I always want to but blindly believe they can wait.
Give me another chance to correct my mistakes.
Give me time to have people still remember me if i'm gone.
Give me a little more time to make myself useful for one last time.
And not just taken away by god suddenly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I learnt something from the book.

A few rules to be true about love and marriage:

If you don't respect the other person, you're gonna have a lot of trouble.
If you don't know how to compromise, you're gonna have a lot of trouble.
If you can't talk openly about what goes on between you, you are gonna have a lot of trouble.
And if you don't have a common set of values in life, you're gonna have a lot of trouble.
Your values must be alike.
Love each other or perish.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, look around you.
Slow down and be attentive to those who you are in conversation with.
Give them the full attention they deserved.
It looks like everyone is sleepwalking and going after what they feel that they should be chasing.
But is that what they really want in life?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops - Henry Adams
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now that Morrie influenced me. I hope I can spread his teaching a little further from here.

No worries people, you are still reading a 19th year old lady's blog.
I may be just a little more sentimental because my parents forgotten my birthday?
Hahas..so what it is a birthday? So what if they were crying with joy today 19 years ago that I was born?
It is just an ordinary day I mentioned before.
I should be contented eh? At least I have the book to celebrate my birthday with me before my meet my friends in the evening..

sign off.
Kim
In life be contented therefore there will be minimal disappointment.

No comments: